Today, we are so excited to have our in-house bedding & bath expert Amy Jourdan on the podcast. Amy knows everything about thread counts, materials, mixing and matching, and more. She designs all of the gorgeous beds in our catalog, and she knows what makes the perfect bed. If you want to create a dreamy, catalog-worthy bed for yourself or your guest bedroom, this is the episode for you!
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- How to design a bed with not just look but function in mind.
- What are some of the most popular bedding materials for sheets and how do they differ?
- What are popular materials for duvets, coverlets, and quilts?
- Tips for layering the bed from basics to catalog-worthy.
- What is the bell of the bed?
- What to think about when mixing materials on a bed.
- All about how to arrange pillows depending on bed size and design goal.
- Our love of the lumbar.
- A tip for how to find the right orientation of the duvet cover.
- What are we doing with box springs?
- The trend now is a shift from headboards to platform beds.
- What is the best way to style kid’s beds?
- What are the different duvet fillings?
- Is a signature scent necessary for bedding?
- How often should bedding be washed?
- Bed-making tips including some hot pillow insert tips.
- A double-stuff duvet trick.
- How to change bedding with the seasons.
- Tips for drying sheets and having fewer wrinkles
- Why we (or our spouses) like to make our beds every day.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Percale Bedding
- Sateen Bedding
- Linen Bedding
- Quilts & Coverlets
- Duvet Covers & Pillow Shams
- Linen Lumbar Pillow
- Velvet Quilt
- Heidi Callier
- Katie Ridder
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.