Today we are excited to be starting something new! Over the years we’ve heard from those of you who love our Trials & Triumphs. And those who…don’t. So we have decided to introduce a series of episodes that will only include our Trials & Triumph, as well as episodes that will only include interviews with our guests. This empowers you, the listener, to choose to listen to what you want; either or both formats. We value your feedback, so please let us know what you think!
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- What outdoor projects Caroline has been doing; some inspired by our episode with Carmen Johnston and her faux boxwood planter tutorial.
- Caroline has revamped her outdoor dining table with succulents and also repainted her front door again.
- Apparently Taryn, Caroline, and Liz all have interesting color choices–especially when it comes to green.
- How Caroline’s roses from Antique Rose Emporium are doing and how she inspired Taryn to do her own.
- Liz has hired an architect to remodel her kitchen and what the previous owners left behind.
- Liz gives us a sneak peek into her plans and color scheme ideas for the kitchen.
- Beige and taupe are back!
- Samplize peel & stick is a great way to try different paint samples; see Taryn’s Secret Garden swatch here.
- Inspired by our episode with Gail Davis, Liz was able to choose a peel & stick wallpaper. Find out what her hack is applying it.
- Like Caroline, Liz has also been doing a lot of gardening. And she might have a problem…
- Taryn has given her 60 Day Notice on her rental; but will her house be livable?
- The Schwartz House suddenly has a lot going on; from doors to power lines and more.
- Taryn has decided to make her own wallpaper, inspired by a look she saw from designer Danielle Rollins.
- To make big statements with her lighting, Taryn chose the Bodhi Dome Pendant.
- How cabinet colors caused a domino effect in Taryn’s wall paint colors.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Faux Boxwood Planter Filler
- Watch Carmen’s tutorial for using faux boxwoods
- Ep. 250: Landscape Design with Carmen Johnston
- Ep. 240: designer Gail Davis
- Watch Carmen’s Outdoor Decorating Series with Ballard Designs
- Carmen Johnston Gardens on TikTok
- Antique Rose Emporium
- The Schwartz House
- Ballard Designs Bodhi Dome Pendant
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.
Subscribe in Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Podcasts
As an interior designer, I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this particular podcast episode! Sooo many times we laugh as the builder or trade contractor gives us advice on paint colors and every other THING 🙂
Samplize is one of the best tools out there, Sherwin Williams sells something similar in the store (the most common colors).
And Zulilly is my plant go-to!
I just really related to this podcast and wanted to say “AMEN” to all that was discussed and THANK YOU for a great podcast!
Cindy, thank you!! So happy to hear you enjoyed this episode 🙂