Interior designer Gail Davis joins us today and gives us a glimpse into her unique journey and style. For 15 years, Gail has transformed her clients’ houses into homes using her eye for colors, textiles, and traditional styles. After leaving a career in fashion, Gail studied at the New York School of Interior Design and interned for two New York design powerhouses; Bunny Williams and David Kleinberg. Her work has been featured in House Beautiful, AD PRO, Domino, as well as many more publications. She also hosts her own podcast Design Perspectives. We discuss how Gail’s background in fashion heavily influences her design, how she creates spaces that are elegant but livable, as well as her love of layering, fabrics…and dogs!
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- How did Gail switch careers to become an interior designer?
- Why is the job of a designer much more logistical than creative?
- How supply chain and delayed lead times due to COVID are impacting designers.
- What is the biggest change in design Gail has seen this year?
- How does Gail’s process begin?
- How does Gail define “the wow factor”?
- How Gail’s fashion background impacts her design process.
- How does Gail choose her color palette for a room?
- Why Gail wants a space to be enjoyable and livable; especially for people with dogs!
- How did Gail add femininity to the traditionally masculine home office?
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Gail Davis Designs
- Gail Davis Designs on Instagram
- Design Perspectives
- The Kaleidoscope Project
- Her Office
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.