“I love bridal showers,” says interior designer and consummate host, Bunny Williams. “Whether or not we all know each other, we all share a common bond. We are all there to celebrate the bride’s wedding, and that makes it special.”
Planning a wedding is a special time for every bride, and for the the friends in her life, there’s no better way to honor her than with a bridal shower. And now that we’re about to hit peak wedding season (June is the most popular month for weddings), we were inspired to recreate a bridal shower for the catalog — and we asked Bunny to help us decorate.
Given that she lives to entertain, we also asked Bunny to share her top 10 tips in planning for and decorating a bridal shower. Check them out below.
1. If you’re able to hire a caterer or help for the wedding shower, meet them and have them cater a small party first so they can get to know how you like things done.
2. Make it festive. Pick colors and table linens that relate to the time of year. Fresh flowers and balloons are always nice.
3. Place cards are a must. At a wedding shower, every guest has the bride or groom in common, so why not mix up the tables and put someone next to someone else they may not necessarily know?
4. Above all else, make the bride and groom feel special. I love the idea of special slipcovers embroidered with their name or monogram.
5. Encourage conversation! Make sure to keep flowers low so that guests can easily see over them.
6. I love a pretty folded napkin. It’s a little thing that shows your guests you’ve thought of every detail.
7. Wine placed in coasters allows for guests to refill their glasses more easily.
8. Put out dessert and coffee and have guests help themselves.
9. Be sure to have a book where guests can write a little note or piece of advice to the bride and groom. Without a doubt, this is something the couple will always treasure.
10. As hostess, it’s your job to introduce guests to one another and make sure everyone feels welcome.
Did you like this post and find it helpful? Rate it below and share your thoughts in the comments.