We continue our Building a House series by welcoming architect Kevin Clark to the show. Kevin is a veteran and senior principal at the Atlanta-based firm, Historical Concepts. Also with us again is interior designer and guest host Maggie Griffin. Kevin explains why choosing the right architect can be a lot like a marriage, the different reasons people use an architect, creating a dream home specific to how you live, the importance of collaboration, and so much more invaluable advice.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- Trials and Triumphs on Christmas decorations, custom cabinets, redecorating an AirBnB, skipping out of Thanksgiving cooking, creating a greenhouse, landscaping plans, and more.
- Kevin walks us through his personal project in his Atlanta home.
- How to choose the right architect.
- The importance of walking through your daily routine and lifestyle when creating blueprints.
- How often do people use architects for a renovation?
- The different budget considerations and project level options of using an architect.
- How much does a building sight complicate plans and home customization?
- How many specialists you need in a new build and how they all collaborate.
- How long do the design options/versions take?
- When is it okay to tear down a house vs. maintaining the historical structure?
- What do Kevin and Maggie wish clients would know about them, and the process, right away before getting started?
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Historical Concepts
- Historical Concepts on Instagram
- Kevin Clark on Instagram
- Ep. 66 with Andrew Cogar
- Ep. 183 with Andrew Cogar
- Maggie Griffin Design
- Maggie Griffin at Home
- Maggie Griffin Design on Instagram
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in iTunes so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.