We are so excited to finally launch our new series, Building a House, that we’ve been talking about for many years! This is a multi-part series where we’ll welcome some amazing experts to help guide us through the entire process of building a brand new house. Joining us for the series is guest host Maggie Griffin. Maggie is an interior designer with a full-service firm in Georgia with a team of 10 working throughout the Southeast. She also has a retail component, Maggie Griffin at Home, and is working on a product line. Not only has Maggie recently done her own big personal project, but she regularly helps clients build homes from the ground up. Throughout the series, she’ll bring us some of her favorite experts, like an architect and contractor, while Maggie takes us through the interior design process.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- Maggie walks us through her own personal project.
- How to find a building site or property depends on which market you are in.
- How to come up with a budget and how to finance a build.
- Who is the first expert professional that people will contact when starting a new build?
- The importance of keeping function in mind and everyday life in mind when you build.
- How to prioritize what your needs are in a build.
- Why Maggie likes to organize ideas on Pinterest.
- The importance of driving around to find your house style and select the right architect or builder.
- Other ideas for finding a building plan especially when you’re short on time.
- So, who are the people you need to call and what is the timeline?
- Maggie’s final words of wisdom on what people need to do to get started to Build Your Dream House.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Maggie Griffin Design
- Maggie Griffin at Home
- Maggie Griffin Design on Instagram
- Maggie’s House Tour
- Episode 25 with Maggie Griffin
- Bonus Decorating Dilemma Episode with Maggie Griffin
- Southern Living House Plans
- Brandon Ingram House Plans
- Spitzmiller Norris House Plans
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.