We are so excited to be joined today by Des Moines based art advisor and gallery owner Liz Lidgett. Liz works with clients in more than 45 states and 7 countries. She has been featured in Better Homes & Gardens, Business Insider, and Forbes. Part of what makes Liz’s business so successful is her accessible approach to art. For Liz, art is for everyone. We talk about all the ins and outs of how to feel good about your art investment, how to release the fear and intimidation around art galleries, and much more!
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- How being based in the Midwest impacts Liz’s view on art as well as her business.
- Liz’s philosophy that “art is for everyone” is intricate to her design.
- Art and art galleries are for everyone; no one should ever feel like they don’t belong.
- How do you buy art if you don’t know anything about it?
- Why it’s important to know more about the artists behind their work.
- What to do when your taste varies greatly from your partner’s.
- How does Liz suggest buying art online or sight unseen?
- Liz tells us more about price levels and how they are determined.
- Why Liz loves commissioned pieces.
- All about framing; when to frame, when it’s included, what to choose, etc.
- Tips on how and where to hang art.
- When should you light artwork?
- What are Liz’s tips for artists to get their work in a gallery?
Mentioned in This Episode:
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.