We had such positive feedback on our last episode with landscape architect Brantley Snipes, that we decided we had to have her back for part 2! Brantley is a Mississippi-based landscape architect as well as the owner, lead designer, and project manager for Brantley Snipes Landscape Design. Among many accolades, Brantley was named to the Greenwood Commonwealth’s Top 30 under 40. The last time we had Brantley on the show, we talked a lot about plants and softscaping. Today we “dive” into pools and other hardscaping elements.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- What to consider when deciding to build a patio.
- What are the pros and cons of concrete and when is it best to use it?
- What other hard materials should be considered and when?
- When should you consider using loose stone?
- How to determine the size, depth, shape, etc. of a pool.
- What to consider for the surrounding area of a pool; especially when kids are using it.
- All about pool tiles…and why are they so limited?!
- Considering liner vs. gunite pool surfaces.
- Does Brantley recommend a pool cover, fence, or both?
- What is a swim shelf?! And other popular pool accessories.
- It’s important to consider pool storage, using the bathroom, and other elements of hosting/entertaining.
- What is a realistic landscaping budget; for both softscaping and hardscaping?
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Ep 248: Creating Outdoor Spaces with Brantley Snipes
- Brantley Snipes Landscape & Design
- Brantley Snipes Landscape & Design on Instagram
- Brantley Snipes Landscape & Design on Facebook
- Osmanthus Market
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.