The team welcomes Atlanta-based designer Hope Austin to the show today. Hope’s passion for craft started while working in design showrooms such as Brunschwig & Fils and Schumacher. She created her own brand, Hope Austin Interiors, where she works closely with her clients to create homes that are beautiful, comfortable and keep function top of mind. Hope talks about what’s going to make certain pieces last, starting with choosing a sofa that you like with fabric and patterns you will be excited about for years to come. She talks about how to treat the fabrics, some tips for having a nice sofa with kids and pets, and how to best clean when the inevitable wear and tear does happen. Hope also shares what she is putting in clients’ homes regarding counter stools, and how we can shop with realistic expectations.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- What really makes a sofa last?
- Hope gives her tips for having a nice sofa that is both kid and pet friendly.
- How do you do a white sofa?
- How you can use high performance fabrics and still have a punch of personality.
- What color fabric has Hope been seeing people stay excited about long term?
- Do practical and nice fabrics have to be expensive?
- What’s the real expectation we should have for big items such as high performance fabric, dining chairs, upholstered beds and barstools?
- Cleaning tips and frequency to keep your sofa nice and clean.
- Why the fabric should be your #1 priority in picking out the sofa.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Hope Austin Interiors
- Ballard Designs Performance Fabrics
- Sunbrella Performance Fabrics
- InsideOut Performance Fabrics
- Crypton Performance Fabrics
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.