We are joined again this week by Skye Kirby Wescott, our friend and SVP of Merchandising and Product Design for Ballard. Skye announces the new fall look, Light and Livable, and shares a bit more about why she’s so excited to go in this direction. We talk with Skye about her inspiration behind the light and warm pieces within the look book, tips on curating and editing when adding to your design, and how the team worked together to complete this collection on everything from production to sourcing. Skye also shares how to still use colors when working with neutral tones, and lets us in on a few of her personal favorite pieces from the collection!
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- Trials & Triumphs including a nursery rug that just won’t fit, renovating a built in bookcase into storage, chalkboard paint, and pool permit approval.
- Skye announces the Light and Livable Fall Look Book!
- This new collection is all about clean lines and simple living.
- The collection is all about using every room in your home, which works out well as we spend a lot more time in our house these days.
- Skye talks about the textiles and tones in the fall collection.
- This look brings the warmth in which makes spaces feel more inviting.
- Every piece you should put in your home you should love.
- How to pull off mixing wood tones in your own home.
- A few of Skye’s favorite pieces including the Tomlin Chair, pillows, and window treatment hardware!
My dilemma is pretty straightforward – what color should I paint my front door?? Specifically, what color of GREEN should I paint my front door? It’s currently cherry red and I’m over it.
The siding color is BM evening dove, and the trim is SW snowbound. What shade of green would you suggest? I am wanting a rich evergreen color. Not too dark, but not light green. Something in the sage/hunter/evergreen tones.
Any specific colors would be much appreciated!
Thank you for writing. First, would you consider a Goldenrod? Or, if it is Benjamin Moore’s Evening Dove, we do like your choice of dark / hunter green. Skye came prepared and wanted to throw these in the mix: Great Barrington Green, and Avon Green. Be sure to text the choices out to see it from the outside, and I’m sure your neighbors would love to come by and vote too!
- Ballard Designs Fall Look Book
- Shop the Light & Livable Collection
- Light & Livable videos
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.