Since so many of us now have the time to sit at home, we invited two Ballard experts on this week’s show for some fun chair talk! We welcome Kelly and Hillary from our Merchandise and Product Design team, where we talk about everything from chair height, placement, arms, ottomans, and everything in between. We pick their brains on what to look for when purchasing a chair, and where to splurge vs. save in the chair department. Whether you want to swivel, recline, or sit up pin-straight, this is the episode for you.
What You’ll Hear On This Episode:
- Just as important to consider how you are going to use a chair is how you are going to use the space where the chair is going. That will determine the function whether it’s for office use, entertaining,
- What instances you would want high back chairs vs. lower back chairs.
- The best chairs for entertaining, and the best times that you can sacrifice comfort for something a little tighter.
- How your frame is the foundation of a chair and the different types of frames we use based on the specific engineer and general construction of the chair.
- The best choices for an office chair that can support long hours at the computer, now that many of us are working from home for the foreseeable future.
- What pitch is on a chair, and how the experts at Ballard design and development team determine that a pitch is right.
- The different styles of arms on a chair, and which ones are better fitting different functions.
- Ballard over 300 upholstery options and many of the performance fabrics are perfect for families, pets, and clumsy drink spillers.
- When are ottomans are appropriate, and how much lower they should be than our seat.
- Even our experts have scratches on their leather couches, so it’s okay to not be perfect if you do decide on leather!
Mentioned In This Episode:
- Ballard Chairs
- Ballard Sofas
- Slipcovers Chairs
- Sharon Sofa
- Kathryn Upholstered Sofa
- Sofia Upholstered Sofa
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in iTunes so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.