Jack of all trades, Eddie Ross is a stylist, author, editor, trained chef, decorator, and thrift store addict. We visited his production studio and event space Maximalist Studios to sit down with him and talk entertaining, his house renovation, and much more.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
- We talk about Eddie’s antiquing and thrift addiction
- Eddie’s makeshift butler’s pantry and how living in lots of different rental spaces helped him learn what he needed
- Changing decor and entertaining items seasonally
- The renovation of Eddie and Jaithan’s home Edgewood Hall, which is all documented in House Beautiful
- Why it’s important to treat old houses with respect
- Why Eddie’s loving 80s style again
- Do’s and don’ts when you’re having guests over
- A behind the scenes look of shooting for House Beautiful, and how it gave Eddie time to really decorate the space and make sure everything felt authentic.
- People that are friends with designers — please still have us over! We promise not to judge, and just want to escape our home every now and then.
- What a celery vase is, and why it’s everything.
- Buffet etiquette including how to navigate the assembly line to maximize time and space.
- Why “inspiration” on social media can sometimes stress us out, and what to do about it.
- Some delicious dishes to serve for a party of 20 or fewer guests. Ice cream sandwich station, anyone?
- Eddie’s entertaining stock kit: cutting board, footed board, cake plate in two sizes, celery glass, low bowl, pitcher, ice bucket, ice scoop, and linen cocktail napkins.
- Wash and iron your cocktail napkins. You will take great pleasure in the steam.
- Maximalist Studios
- House Beautiful | Edgewood Hall
- Eddie Ross
- Modern Mix
- Herman Wendell
- Angie Hranowsky
- VIDEO: How to Create a Modern Mix with Eddie Ross
- VIDEO: How to Create a Living Arrangement with Eddie Ross
- VIDEO: How to Create an Edible Centerpiece with Eddie Ross
- Entertaining with Eddie Ross
- A Colorful Table from Eddie Ross and Bunny Williams
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in iTunes so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.