Outdoor entertaining is one of the things that makes summers so fun. It’s finally time to get out and enjoy the fresh outdoors, and there’s no better way to do that than with a refreshing homemade cocktail. We asked Atlanta caterer and seasoned entertainer Dennis Dean to share a few of his favorite recipes with us.
This cocktail really has everything you want in a summer drink. It’s got a little fizz from the ginger beer, that tangy citrus bite, and it’s all balanced with a little sweetness.
- 2 ounces blood orange juice
- 1.5 ounces of tequila
- Juice from 1 lime wedge
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces Fever-Tree Ginger beer
- Zest from blood orange
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Slices of blood oranges for garnish
- Place ¼ cup of blood orange juice into a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine blood orange zest and sugar.
- Dip the rim of each glass into simple syrup, then into the sugar mixture to coat the rim evely.
- Fill glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 cups of ice with 2 ounces of blood orange juice, 1.5 ounces of tequila, and the juice from a lime wedge. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into the prepared glass and top off with desired amount of ginger beer.
- Stir & Enjoy!
Learn more about Dennis Dean, or find more recipes on How to Decorate.
Did you like this post and find it helpful? Rate it below and share your thoughts in the comments.