This week, we have the pleasure of hosting Mary Beth Anderson as our guest. In addition to being the accomplished producer behind several popular TV shows including HGTV’s Brother vs Brother, Restored by the Fords, My Lottery Dream Home, Design Star, and Good Bones, Mary Beth is the fearless leader behind Ballard’s new TV show, Design School, set to launch on QVC+ on March 24th hosted by our very own Caroline! Mary Beth provides an overview of what viewers can expect from Design School, and how it differs from her previous projects (we think this will be her favorite). She shares some fun behind-the-scenes information about her experience producing design TV, and some of her favorite moments from taping. Get ready for some decorating dilemmas and much more to be on a TV channel near you, very soon.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- What was the genesis of the TV show?
- How can we watch it?
- Will some of my favorite podcast guests be on the TV show?
- What is the format of the show, and how is it different from the typical makeover show?
- Format of the show and how it’s different from a makeover show.
- Mary Beth walks us through the process of filming and some of the logistical hurdles.
- Some of the team’s favorite moments from the show.
- How did they find the homes and designers featured in the show?
- How did the experience of shooting this project differ from other property projects?
- What is the future of design TV?
- What is the story behind the great “cocktail table takeaway”?
Mentioned in This Episode:
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.
Subscribe in Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Podcasts