Karen Mooney, our fearless leader and President of Ballard Designs, joins us to celebrate the milestone of Ballard’s 40th Anniversary. We dive into the company history, how Ballard Designs grew into what it is now, and then Karen shares a few of her favorite trends over her 22 years with the brand. Then, we talk about what’s next for Ballard as it enter 2023 and everything beyond. Thank you so much for your support for Ballard Designs: we couldn’t have helped inspire home decorators over the past 40 years without our lovely patrons, community, and listeners like you.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- Who is Helen Ballard?
- The 40-year story of Ballard Designs.
- The value add of upholstery and unique other special touches Ballard is proud to give their customers.
- The history of architecture and design and the importance of mixing both high and low.
- Okay for real, how do you sneak an ottoman into a room during a coffee break?
- What really went on in the Ballard backroom?
- What products do we think “what was that?”
- Yes, monogrammed toilet paper is a thing.
- The importance of doing your homework in the design process.
- New Ballard news for 2023 and beyond.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.