We are joined today by Houston-based designer Amanda Holliday. Amanda opened her firm, Amanda Brooke Interiors, in 2019 after working commercial and residential design for many years. Her approach is a balance of contemporary and vintage, architectural and organic, and she is an expert in experiential storytelling through your space. Amanda shares with us all of her tips, tricks, and creative ways to change your aesthetic.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- Where can you start when you are getting sick of your home?
- What are your options for changing your aesthetic if you can’t change things structurally?
- What swaps make the biggest impact in changing a room?
- How plaster can be used to transform a space.
- Why Amanda likes to break the rules when it comes to artwork and accessories.
- How does Amanda like to style bookcases?
- Some of Amanda’s tips to revitalize and repurpose furniture.
- How to use accent lighting to completely revamp a room.
- The many nuances of and versatility of lampshades.
- Options for changing out fabrics.
- Amanda’s instant tips if your room is feeling too dark and heavy.
- What if a room is not feeling layered enough?
- How to freshen up non-modern and antique pieces.
- How to scale a room up.
- Why Amanda challenges everyone to create their OWN artwork for their space.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Amanda Brooke Interiors
- Amanda Brooke Interiors on Instagram
- Amanda Brooke Interiors on Facebook
- Amanda Brooke Interiors on Pinterest
- Ep. 43: with designer Rachel Cannon
- Petite Acrylic Easel
- Urban Grace Interiors on Instagram
- The Schwartz House
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.