We’re doing something a little different and very exciting on the show today! Zoe, Hillary, and Taryn are here from the product design team. They give us the inside scoop and their different perspectives all around the in-house product design process here at Ballard Designs. When we did our listener survey a little while back, so many of you said you wanted to know more about the product. Well, we heard you and today we answer all of those questions and more!
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- How far in advance does the planning for product design happen?
- Where does the initial concept for product design come from?
- How much input do different Ballard Designs employees or customers have on product design?
- Why a problem or challenge can lead to the best product design.
- What tools do we use to design products?
- What are our favorite recent projects?
- The Hutton Office Collection and exciting updates that are coming.
- How we are improving and updating our Original Home Office (OHO) line.
- Have there ever been times when the sample from a design comes in terribly wrong?
- How small design changes can actually make a BIG impact.
- How does having only US-based upholstery vendors affect design?
- How many new products does Ballard launch each year?
- What are some upcoming materials and trends the team is excited about?
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Ballard Designs
- Hutton Office Collection
- Original Home Office
- Lucille Chandelier
- Allister Upholstered Chairs
- Abbeville Collection
- Request a Catalog
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.
Subscribe in Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Podcasts
SO GLAD to hear the Allister counter stool is coming with customization! I LOVE the stool, but really wanted some color, especially if in leather! 🙂