Welcome back to Part 2 of “Picking Paint Colors” with interior designer Fran Keenan. If you missed Part 1, take a listen to episode 178. Today we talk all about exterior paint colors as well as a word we used a lot in Part 1—nuance! We also cover more of your FAQ’s all about paint including at what point in the design process to decide upon your paint color, how to make sure your bold wall doesn’t look cheap, and some expert tips in choosing specific paint brands and colors.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- Why picking an exterior paint color is a much bigger decision than interior
- Should you paint brick?
- How to choose front door colors
- Tips for choosing specific paint brands and colors
- What Fran loves about Farrow & Ball paints
- Fran breaks down her favorites within paint decks in several different brands
- Why paint should be the very last thing in your design
- What should trim color for white walls be?
- Can the front and back of interior doors be painted different colors?
- Should outlet covers be painted the same or different color?
- How to make sure a bold wall color doesn’t look cheap and/or depressing?
- Paint ideas for coffered ceilings
- If you are doing DIY, should you use a roller, a brush or a spray?
Mentioned in This Episode:
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in iTunes so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.