Founder of Main Line Haven, Haven Duddy works with her team to do it all — buying, selling, construction, renovation, staging and interior design. She joins the show this week to talk about why it’s totally okay to embrace your style changing, how she came to start a business that offers a full-service experience in the real estate, and simple things that make big changes in design and renovation.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- Haven’s husband worked in construction, and they combined forces to create Main Live Haven, helping people through whatever process they are in.
- When someone employes Haven to buy or sell real estate, they also get 4 hours of professional interior design service.
- Philadelphia has a more traditional housing style, and many of Haven’s clients will make changes throughout the years to reflect a more modern and present look.
- What you love today, you may not love in 10 years. Your style will change, so embrace it!
- What people get hung up on that they shouldn’t, and simple things that make big changes such as new lighting, updated toilets, glazing tile, and painting cabinets.
- Living in the house may give you a great idea of the functional way you want to design it.
- Common mistakes people make when they are renovating a home or looking to design it from scratch.
- The gals varied thoughts on open floor plans and the trends Haven is seeing with her clients.
- When you are selling your home, less is more, so get ready for some garage sales!
- The weirdest thing Haven has seen in someone’s house.
- The staging of science and general rules we should keep in mind when getting the most for our home.
I’m having trouble arranging my living room. Can I place my television in front of a window, and how do I arrange the rest of my space?
By pulling the sofa out from the window and bringing everything closer, you could create a great living space where it would feel comfortable and conversational. We all agree that it feels really nice to sit in the light of the window, but there are a lot of ways to enjoy it without having to face the window head-on! Your window embellishments will also be the main focal point, so no need to worry about art on that side of the wall.
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in iTunes so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.