We couldn’t pass up the opportunity to sit down with Jason & John, the Madcap Cottage Gents, at their home in High Point, North Carolina. They graciously invited us over for dinner, and before we dug into their spread, we discussed all of the gorgeous details in their home, their upcoming book Prints Charming, and much more.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- Taryn shares her trial — putting toilet bowl cleaner in her dishwasher!
- Her triumph was successfully getting her dog’s drool off her car’s leather interior
- I share my newest go-to appetizer for entertaining
- Karen’s triumph was getting some new goodies from Etsy for her summer vacation
- We talk about Jason & John’s upcoming book, Prints Charming
- The guys talk about why you should always talk to the antique dealer to hear the story of the piece
- We discuss many of the details in Jason and John’s home — like the way they hung art in their library
- So many pieces in their home have special details they’ve customized themselves
- We talk about creating seating areas — you can likely fit in more seating than you think
- We talk about the lost art of entertaining and why you shouldn’t stress
- Lighting is so important — you likely need more than you think
- We talk about the challenges of renting
- We talk about why you should mix styles in your home
- Karen’s Turkish towels
- Tour the Jason & John’s home in High Point, North Carolina
- Jason & John’s book, Prints Charming
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, please subscribe to the podcast in iTunes so you never miss and episode. Of course, you can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.