This week on the podcast, we’re talking with stylist, entertaining expert, author, and workshop master of ceremonies, Annette Joseph. Annette does it all and makes it look so easy. We sat down to talk about the villa in Italy she’s renovating, her workshops, how she got into styling, and so much more!
What You’ll Hear on This Episode:
- How Karen did a mini bathroom makeover in her guest suite
- How Annette started styling
- What it was like pitching a show to Bravo and shooting a pilot
- Annette has been vacationing in Italy since she was a kid
- Annette talks about her upcoming book about Italy
- Why it’s hard to be an ex-patriot in Italy
- Why it’s always better to go shopping in Italy with an actual Italian (or someone who knows everyone)
- The scoop on buying real estate in Italy … and renovating from a different continent
- Italy’s all about ‘juice’
- The faux pas Annette committed recently while walking around her property
- How they ended up buying the property they chose
- All about the workshops she hosts — perfecting branding, photography, styling, and more
- What you could expect if you were to attend one of Annette’s workshops
- The book she’s working on about the cocktail culture in Italy
Mentioned in This Episode:
- This is the rug Karen uses as a bathmat in her guest bathroom
- The book that I loved reading over the holidays was Katie Hutchinson’s New Small House
- Annette’s villa is near the town of Posara, Italy
Please send in your questions so we can answer them on our next episode! And of course, subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts so you never miss an episode. You can always check back here to see new episodes, but if you subscribe, it’ll automatically download to your phone.
Subscribe in Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Podcasts
Hi Caroline, Many thanks for the shout-out for my book The New Small House from The Taunton Press. So glad to hear that you enjoyed reading it over the holidays! Cheers,
I’d love to see a picture of the bathroom with panels hung!
I can’t seem to get back far enough to get a pic. It’s a tiny bathroom!!
Karen and I have both tried to take pictures of our bathrooms with the tall shower curtains but it’s so hard in a tiny space. We did however get a great shot of Virginia Cheek’s hall bathroom, and she’s done the same thing hanging the shower curtain all the way at the ceiling. See a picture of it here: https://www.ballarddesigns.com/howtodecorate/2017/08/home-tour-virginia-cheeks-timeless-airy-bungalow/
Thanks for listening!