This How to Care for Your Rug post was updated in August 2022.
Now that you’ve picked the perfect rug, you’ll want to keep it looking beautiful, so you can enjoy it for years to come. Follow our recommendations to care for your rug below to extend the life of your investment.
5 Ways to Care for Your Rug
- Use a rug pad to protect your rug and your floors. It prevents slippage and acts as a buffer to minimize abrasion.
- Care for your rug by vacuuming regularly, at least once a week.
- Rotate rugs once every three months to avoid wear patterns or fading from light. You can even flip natural fiber rugs.
- Blot spills immediately with a white cloth.
- Get your rug professionally cleaned every one to two years.
To stay up to date with all things How to Decorate, sign up for our monthly newsletter.