Recipe: Summer Meringue Torte
Author: Dennis Dean
- 8 large egg whites at room temperature
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. cream of tartar
- 2½ cups of granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Vinegar
- Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar,and beat until whites hold stiff peaks.
- Add sugar slowly, in small amounts.
- Add vinegar slowly.
- Spray 9” x 13” pan with cooking spray, or grease with shortening of your choice.
- Line bottom of pan with part of meringue, then use the back of a large spoon to work some of the meringue up the sides to make a lining.
- Bake in slow oven until delicately brown, about 1½ hours.
- Turn off oven heat, and allow to dry out in oven about 1½ hours with the door closed.
- When ready to serve, fill with your favorite fruit and top with cool whip.
Recipe by How to Decorate at https://www.ballarddesigns.com/howtodecorate/2016/06/recipe-schaun-meringue-torte/