Warmer days are ahead. Now’s the time to get your outdoor living spaces ready, so you can enjoy a beautiful day at a moment’s notice.
Here are our top 5 tips for freshening up your outdoor porch or patio:
- Power wash your patio and deck surfaces to clean the winter muck off. This includes any outdoor rugs, too.
- Scrub your patio furniture to make it shine for spring. Touch up weathered or rusty aluminum furniture. If you have teak furniture, oil the wood surfaces.
- Clean flower pots and plant new blooms for a bright pop of natural color.
- Add a few fresh accessories for added outdoor ambiance, such as lanterns, statuary or a strand of lights.
- Ensure maximum comfort and throw in a little seasonal color with outdoor cushions and pillows. Replace any faded and worn cushions and pillows. While you’re at it, check out your umbrella canopy to see if it’s time for a replacement. (If you bought your umbrella from us, we provide umbrella replacement canopies in all three sizes in all of our outdoor fabrics.)
How to Measure for Replacement Cushions
Replacement cushions are a wonderful way to update existing furniture and add in refreshing color. We get lots of questions about finding the right size and fit, so here are some quick tips for measuring when it’s time to replace the cushions on your patio furniture. You’ll need to measure your existing cushions for size, so lay them out on a flat surface and grab your measuring tape. Remember, don’t measure from seam to seam, but rather from edge to edge.
How to Measure for Chair Seat & Back Replacement Cushions
- Measure the length of the seat cushion from the front to the back.
- Measure the width of the seat cushion from one side to the other. Measure in three places and take the smallest measurement (seat cushions tend to flatten over time).
- Measure length of the back cushion from top to bottom.
- Measure the width of the back cushion from one edge to the other.
How to Measure for Highback Seat Replacement Cushions
- Measure the length of the top back portion from the top to the first fold.
- Measure the length of the middle back portion from the top fold to the bottom fold (where seat portion begins).
- Measure the length of the seat portion from the fold to the end.
- Measure the width of the seat portion from one edge to the other.
How to Measure for Chaise Lounge Replacement Cushions
If you have a trifolding cushion, see step 2. If your cushion consists of a seat back and leg rest, skip step 2.
- Measure the length of back portion from the top to the first fold.
- Measure the length of the seat portion from top fold to bottom fold (where leg rest portion begins).
- Measure the length of the leg rest portion from the fold to the end.
- Measure the width of the seat by measuring edge to edge.
How to Measure for Sofa or Loveseat Replacement Cushions
- Measure the length (or depth) of the seat cushion at the center from the top to the bottom.
- Measure the width of the back of the seat cushion from end to end.
- Measure the width of the front of the seat cushion from end to end.
Now you’re ready to choose your replacement cushions
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]