- About Us
- Account Management
- Ballard Designs Credit Card
- Catalog/Email Subscriptions
- Contact Us
- Design Solutions
- Design Trade Program
- Gift Registry
- Gift Services
- International Customer Service
- Order Information
- Popular Questions
- Product Information
- Promotions Policies
- Retail Information
- Return Exchanges Policy
- Ship to Store Program
- Shipping Information
- Wish List
Tampa, FL - Sales Associate
Ballard Designs at International Plaza in Tampa, FL. is now seeking high energy, motivated, team oriented individuals to join our Receiving team. Ballard Designs is a fast paced and exciting retailer with over 20 years of successful direct marketing experience through our catalog, website and now retail. If you’re interested in being a part of something new and exciting, we hope to hear from you soon.
Ballard Designs is part of Cornerstone Brands, a family of leading home and apparel brands including Chasing Fireflies, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road, Improvements, and TravelSmith. Cornerstone is a division of HSNi (Nasdaq: HSNI),a $3 billion interactive multi-channel retailer that offers an innovative, differentiated retail experience on TV, online, via mobile, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores.
The Sales Associates are responsible for providing outstanding customer service as well as performing operational duties that drive sales through merchandising, register functions, store cleanliness, and other related duties. These positions represent the Ballard Designs brand to our customers. Employees must be courteous, efficient, and able to hand sell to customers so that their needs and expectations are met or exceeded.
Responsibilites will include, but is not limited to:
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with customers and co-workers while following all company guidelines
- Deliver impeccable customer service through engaged interactions and by following the established standards of service
- Provide customers with accurate and efficient service to educate them on the products and services available through Ballard Designs
- Participate in store meetings, trainings and activities to elevate the overall customer experience by sharing the relevant information
- Collaborate with the management team and peers to achieve the goals of the store and Ballard Designs
- Generate sales in line with daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly objectives for the store
- Participate in all aspects of store maintenance and merchandising: assist in maintaining a clean, organized and easy to shop sales floor
- Assist in handling merchandise stock, proper ticketing of merchandise
- Follow management direction in completing other duties or tasks as required.
- Participate in store inventory
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
- 1-2 years of retail sales experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of professional sales procedures and customer service.
- Computer skills, including point of sale software, internet based programs and computer networking and previous cash handling required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and climb a ladder.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and active listening.
- Must be able to work days, nights and weekends, according to the needs of the business.
- This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.
Please send cover letter, and resume which must include salary requirements, to:
2223 N. WestShore Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33607