- About Us
- Account Management
- Ballard Designs Credit Card
- Catalog/Email Subscriptions
- Contact Us
- Design Solutions
- Design Trade Program
- Gift Registry
- Gift Services
- International Customer Service
- Order Information
- Popular Questions
- Product Information
- Promotions Policies
- Retail Information
- Return Exchanges Policy
- Ship to Store Program
- Shipping Information
- Wish List
SR Director of Merchandising for Casegoods, Tables & Seating, and Linens & Draperies
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet.
Ballard Designs is part of Cornerstone Brands, a family of leading home and apparel brands including Chasing Fireflies, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road, Improvements, and TravelSmith. Cornerstone is a division of HSNi (Nasdaq: HSNI),a $3 billion interactive multi-channel retailer that offers an innovative, differentiated retail experience on TV, online, via mobile, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores.
Right now, we are looking for SR Director of Merchandising for Casegoods, Tables & Seating, and Linens & Draperies.
The SR Director of Merchandising is responsible for collaborating with the Vice President of Merchandising on the development of Ballard Designs merchandising strategy and will be accountable for the overall merchandising, esthetic and design direction of their category responsibilities.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Full responsibility for the leadership, execution, and management of the merchandising and product development objectives, sales, margin and annual budgets, and P&L for Casegoods, Tables & Seating, and Linens & Draperies in print and on-line presentations.
- Build, coach and lead a high performing merchandising team to deliver on the strategic merchandising plan.
- Communicate merchandising strategy clearly and concisely to senior management and obtain buy-in.
- Collaborate with the VP of Merchandising to ensure successful execution of business strategies.
- Be an industry leader and expert and leverage this status with the vendor community to ensure first-to-market with exclusive and innovative product introductions.
- Spot trends and develop products that maximize trends to add uniqueness to the assortment.
- Fact-based decision maker; comfortable with rigorous analysis required to support merchandising strategies proposed
- Strong product design ability
- Leadership and management- ability to identify, motivate and retain a talented team and lead them to accomplishment of objectives
- Communication: must be able to effectively communicate across levels including executive and merchandising teams and multi-cultural vendors
- Systems proficiency: must be able to independently navigate, explore and use in-house operating systems as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Relationship building: must be able to balance solid vendor relationships will meeting aggressive financial targets
- Ability to adhere to regular work schedule, willing to travel domestic and international shows and markets
- BS required
- Minimum of 10 years in merchandising function with demonstrated solid results and consistent advancement
- Effective management of a merchant team
- Proficient and confident in business analysis. Past responsibility for budgeting and P&L preferred
- Experience in global sourcing and establishing new vendor relationships
- Demonstrated strong leadership abilities and effective negotiation skills to ensure maximum profitability through product selection, price negotiation, quality and fulfillment
- Involvement in product development and manufacturing processes
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts on Cornerstone & Home Shopping Network Products
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Group Auto & Property Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
In addition to a high energy, team-based environment we offer great career potential and a competitive compensation and benefit package, including:
Please send cover letter, and resume which must include salary requirements, to:
Ballard Designs, Inc.
Human Resources Dept. MA
1670 Defoor Avenue, NW
Atlanta, Ga. 30318
Fax: (404) 603-7063