- About Us
- Account Management
- Ballard Designs Credit Card
- Catalog/Email Subscriptions
- Contact Us
- Design Solutions
- Design Trade Program
- Gift Registry
- Gift Services
- International Customer Service
- Order Information
- Popular Questions
- Product Information
- Promotions Policies
- Retail Information
- Return Exchanges Policy
- Ship to Store Program
- Shipping Information
- Wish List
Quality and Compliance Manager
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you. Right now, we are looking for a Quality and Compliance Manager to join our Sourcing team.
Ballard Designs is part of Cornerstone Brands, a family of leading home and apparel brands including Chasing Fireflies, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road, Improvements, and TravelSmith. Cornerstone is a division of HSNi (Nasdaq: HSNI),a $3 billion interactive multi-channel retailer that offers an innovative, differentiated retail experience on TV, online, via mobile, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores.
- Manager to the Packaging Specialist & Vendor Compliance Specialist.
- Drive quality and consistency for all Ballard items with standards, product testing protocols, instructions, packaging.
- Ensure proper import compliance for importing goods and vendor compliance for shipping our warehouses.
- Monitor & analyze returns to continuously reduce return rates.
- Returns - monitor & analyze returns to continuously reduce return rates.
- Customer Reviews - monitor & analyze for product improvement opportunities.
- Product quality & construction standards.
- Product testing - protocols, records.
- Import Compliance.
- Product branding and packaging.
- Instruction sheets.
- RN registration for upholstered goods.
- Travel to Ohio/warehouse to check on packaging & quality issues, check locations, work with repackaging, outlet, vendor compliance...
- Support team as needed when team members traveling.
- Assumed basic responsibilities - ex: assist in the productivity and organization of the team and Ballard Designs, Inc.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Ability to manually lift items for drop testing.
- RN registration for upholstery experience required.
- Understanding of Import compliance requirements for home decor and furniture industry.
- Leadership and management- ability to identify, motivate and retain a talented team and lead them to accomplishment of objectives.
- Communication: must be able to effectively communicate across levels including executive and sourcing teams and multi-cultural vendors.
- Systems proficiency: must be able to independently navigate, explore and use in-house operating systems as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to adhere to regular work schedule, willing to travel domestic and international.
- Ability to multi task and work within tight deadlines.
- College degree required.
Please send cover letter, and resume which must include salary requirements, to:
Ballard Designs, Inc.
Human Resources Dept. QC
1670 Defoor Avenue, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Fax: (404) 603-7063