- About Us
- Account Management
- Ballard Designs Credit Card
- Catalog/Email Subscriptions
- Contact Us
- Design Solutions
- Design Trade Program
- Gift Registry
- Gift Services
- International Customer Service
- Order Information
- Popular Questions
- Product Information
- Promotions Policies
- Retail Information
- Return Exchanges Policy
- Ship to Store Program
- Shipping Information
- Wish List
JR Web Designer
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you. Right now, we are looking for a JR Web Designer to join our eCommerce team.
Ballard Designs is part of Cornerstone Brands, a family of leading home and apparel brands including Chasing Fireflies, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road, Improvements, and TravelSmith. Cornerstone is a division of HSNi (Nasdaq: HSNI),a $3 billion interactive multi-channel retailer that offers an innovative, differentiated retail experience on TV, online, via mobile, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores.
The JR Web Designer position requires artistic skills, technical knowledge, interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to learn new skills at a fast pace. A successful candidate for this position of should contain the knowledge and skills to be responsible for the following:
- Design and develop email-marketing, web landing pages, and other web deliverables for the eCommerce Departments.
- Develop designs that consistently capture and support the brand identity and appeal of the Ballard consumer. The ability to accept creative direction while learning about the brand.
- Maintain daily tasks on the site (homepage updates, WordPress blog posts, etc.)
- Have strong typographic, color and layout skills and an understanding of how these basic design principles are applied to the web.
- Be well versed in Photoshop, Illustrator, and XHTML/CSS with a broad understanding of current web and browser-related issues.
- Have a solid interest in web technologies, standards, design tools and trends as well as an understanding of the practical benefits and limitations of web technologies (such as Flash and HTML.)
- Must be a problem solver who can find creative, engaging solutions even within technical and branding requirements.
- Must be comfortable following direction and implementing changes based on constructive criticism and be able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
- Ability to create web pages in HTML without use of WYSIWYG editor (Hand Coding.)
- Able to multi-task and organize multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a production-oriented environment, professionally and proactively completing assignments.
- Possess solid verbal communication skills, self-motivation, attention to detail, passion for web design, desire to keep learning and a drive to produce great work on a consistent basis.
- Must possess a positive “can do” attitude and a willingness to grasp opportunities in a dynamic work environment.
- Able to work closely with other visual designers and copywriters.
- At least 1-3 years experience in web or graphic design.
- Highly proficient in design software such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Experience with minor photo retouching in Photoshop is required.
- Experience working with CMS such as Wordpress, Concrete 5, Joomla, etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge of mobile web design, HTML5 or Jquery Mobile is a plus.
- Experience working on consumer facing transactional or ecommerce oriented sites a plus.
Please send cover letter, link to portfolio, and resume, which must include salary requirements, to:
Ballard Designs, Inc.
Human Resources Dept. WD
1670 Defoor Avenue, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Fax: (404) 603-7063