- About Us
- Account Management
- Ballard Designs Credit Card
- Catalog/Email Subscriptions
- Contact Us
- Design Solutions
- Design Trade Program
- Gift Registry
- Gift Services
- International Customer Service
- Order Information
- Popular Questions
- Product Information
- Promotions Policies
- Retail Information
- Return Exchanges Policy
- Ship to Store Program
- Shipping Information
- Wish List
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you. Right now, we are looking for a JR Programmer/Analyst.
Ballard Designs is part of Cornerstone Brands, a family of leading home and apparel brands including Chasing Fireflies, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road, Improvements, and TravelSmith. Cornerstone is a division of HSNi (Nasdaq: HSNI),a $3 billion interactive multi-channel retailer that offers an innovative, differentiated retail experience on TV, online, via mobile, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores.
Position SummaryThe Jr. Programmer/Analyst’s primary role will be to support the company through extraction, manipulation, analysis, and presentation of data to key stakeholders in order to aid them in making critical business decisions. In addition to creating complex SQL queries that span multiple tables and apply complex business rules, they will be responsible for all aspects of the SDLC including requirements gathering, development, and support between several functional areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Obtain working knowledge of our ETL design, Data Warehouse, and related systems.
- Utilize SDLC concepts while working on multiple simultaneous projects spanning several business units including, but not limited to:
- Inventory Planning
- Develop code and reporting framework for requested reports, pivots and other analysis.
- Become a subject matter expert of our systems/data in order to communicate successfully with users.
- Strong SQL experience is a must, including scripting, query building, data analysis, and data manipulation.
- Familiar with BI tools and concepts, such as SSRS, SSAS, and Data Mining.
- Understanding of Dimensional Model Data Warehousing.
- Ability to quickly turnaround Ad Hoc Requests and multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Quality minded and able to test / verify their work.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience Required:
- BS Degree or Equivalent Work Experience.
- 2 to 4 years experience with Oracle, DB2, T-SQL or other SQL based language.
- Experience with SQL Management Studio, Toad or other Query tools.
- Experience as an Inventory Analyst or in Merchandising/Forecasting is a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a non-programmer environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced constantly evolving dynamic environment.
- Able to multi task, prioritize critical issues and work within all levels of the organization.
- Skilled in sketching or CAD system preferred.
Please send cover letter, link to portfolio, and resume, which must include salary requirements, to:
Ballard Designs, Inc.
Human Resources Dept. WD
1670 Defoor Avenue, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Fax: (404) 603-7063