- About Us
- Account Management
- Ballard Designs Credit Card
- Catalog/Email Subscriptions
- Contact Us
- Design Solutions
- Design Trade Program
- Gift Registry
- Gift Services
- International Customer Service
- Order Information
- Popular Questions
- Product Information
- Promotions Policies
- Retail Information
- Return Exchanges Policy
- Ship to Store Program
- Shipping Information
- Wish List
Community & Social Media Manager
Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you.
Ballard Designs is part of Cornerstone Brands, a family of leading home and apparel brands including Chasing Fireflies, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road, Improvements, and TravelSmith. Cornerstone is a division of HSNi (Nasdaq: HSNI),a $3 billion interactive multi-channel retailer that offers an innovative, differentiated retail experience on TV, online, via mobile, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores.
The Community & Social Media Managerwill have the strategic responsibility to create awareness and engagement with our brand through a combination of community engagement (via HowToDecorate.com), social network management, and viral marketing. Successful candidates will possess a strong awareness of blogging and social media tactics and strategies, knowledge and understanding of blogging and social media platforms and their respective participants (Wordpress, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, & etc.), and a familiarity with new ideas at the intersection of community engagement and eCommerce.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and manage global community and content strategies across Ballard Designs’ social profiles (Blog-HowToDecorate.com, Facebook, Pinterest, & etc.), as well as other strategic authoritative content and social media networks.
- Leverage existing brand marketing strategies to appropriately deploy content across community/blog and social channels.
- Collaborate and maintain close relationships with cross-functional teams (Merchandising, Creative and Marketing) to maximize reach of community and social media efforts
- Write, publish and maintain current content on Ballard Designs’ blog, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social platforms.
- Identify and create programs and promotions to grow membership and engagement within the community/blog and social media space, leveraging the unique properties of these marketing channels.
- Create and manage community/blog and social media content calendar. Meet with various stakeholders to collect content for calendar.
- Manage community and social media budget.
- Monitor online conversations to determine reach and impact with online consumers.
- Work with PR team to ensure alignment of all initiatives across all channels.
- Test new ways to integrate community and social content into our website experience.
- Develop and manage relationships with online bloggers and content providers in the home, fashion, and lifestyle categories.
- Strong relationship building between multiple departments
- Strong analytical, writing, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Easily manages multiple projects and priorities
- At least 3 years of experience in online community management and social media marketing
- Excellent and proven project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great at working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong MS Office suite skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required
- Industry experience in digital media, editorial, public relations, and/or marketing a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required (Journalism, Communication, Marketing Public Relations, or related field preferred)
- Proven ability to create and execute interactive social media campaigns
- Leadership experience with strategic planning and marketing of successful interactive communities
- Proven track record for managing interactive communities and creating positive and successful community engagements
- Expertise publishing or participating on blogs, social news, video/photo sharing, social networking applications
- Experience using Wordpress to create and maintain content on a blog
- Experience with monitoring, engagement, and analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Shoutlet, Curalate, and etc)
Please send cover letter, and resume which must include salary requirements, to:
Ballard Designs, Inc.
Human Resources Dept. BA
1670 Defoor Avenue, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Fax: (404) 603-7063